Friday, February 17, 2006

The Best Medicine

Where oh where has my sense of humour gone?!!... Siobhan, without you, life would be oh so dull!

I'm currently racking my brain trying to come up with the last time I laughed so hard (other than earlier today!) but... nope! It's just been too long, that's for sure!

A little over six weeks is all the time I have left down here then it's back to the Hutt (yee haa!). There's lots more to see and experience around this territory though so I'm doing my best to fit in as many different things as possible.

There are officers down here that are passionate and fired up which is just awesome - sometimes I think we can 'rain on someone's parade' ten times faster than we can encourage them (purely because we're human!). Me personally? They are the type of people I want to surround myself with particularly at this time in my life!

I want to dream big (both for The Salvation Army - it's never too late! - but most importantly for the Kingdom of God in general!) and I want people around me to do the same! The moment we stop learning, growing and allowing the Holy Spirit to continue to work in our lives we can easily become stagnant and that's a dangerous place to be.

I'm back into the prayer of Jabez with a passion - may God not only increase your territory but may He bless you too!... and may He return my sense of humour to me sometime soon as well - 'tis lonely and a tad boring without one's ability to laugh at one's self!!

1 comment:

CheekyUkie said...

Well you have the gift of humour FM, I saw that at training college when you were trying to hang your laundry up on your TALL clothesline moahahahahahaha...

Great to read where your passion is FM, God has AWESOME plans for your life and for these next 6 weeks too, you hang in there and keep on laughing and shining your little light to all of Chch.