Monday, January 16, 2006

And then there was... the Road Trip!


Stage One: Hamilton to Wellington - without air conditioning!

We went the other way round the mountain and I had great fun winding down the windows and just mucking around on the digital camera to try and capture the different view.

If you look really closely, you'll see there's 3 layers - light coloured grass at the bottom, dark trees in the middle and then the snow of the mountain. Kinda cool to be able to get a different view and just as well we did as about 5 or 10 minutes later, cloud settled all around the top of the mountain and you almost couldn't see the snow.

What can I say... it's just another of the favourites really!

Funniest moment? After finally deciding to take strawberries with us to dinner do you think there would be any fruit and vege shops on our side of the road for the last 2hrs of the drive? NO! ...and I mean NO! So we end up at New World spending twice as much as intended but I must report a rather marvelous find. Has anyone seen the magazine called 'KAREN'?! I kid you not! It looked pretty cool at a glance - glossy pages, full of fashion... dead cool if you ask me but hey, maybe I'm a little biased!
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

CheekyUkie said...

You must have one of those cheap digital cameras that take just grey pictures hahaha